All our mail servers require authentication when sending out e-mails and the port number needs to be changed to use: 2025 or 587 as some providers block the common port used which is 25.
Here is how to change the outgoing server port on Microsoft / apple.
For MS Outlook Users:
- Click Tools - > Click Accounts
- From the menu click Tools and then click Accounts Settings
- Click More settings on the bottom right hand side
- “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” needs to be ticked.
- Go to advanced, you will see the outgoing server port: try 2025 or 587.
- Save and close.
For Apple Mac Mail users:
- Open Mac Mail
The Account Information tab should be displayed.
- Make sure you have the Accounts Icon selected. You're presented with a window which contains three tabs, "Account Information, "Special Mailboxes," and "Advanced." First, let's look at the "Account Information" tab.
- Click on Outgoing Mail Server - You need to edit the Outgoing Mail Server by opening the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) pull-down menu, and selecting "Edit server list"
- The Outgoing Mail Server should mail.kiwilink.co.nz or your mail.yourowndomainname
- Then, Select the "Advanced" tab.
- Change the Server port" to 2025 or 587
Close and save.